Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Simple Days

"Swing Life Away" by Rise Against

Link to video here

“We live on front porches,
and swing life away.”

Sounds like my life before college.
Life was simple, everything was planned out.
There were no surprises; I just let time go by.
The biggest decisions we had to make were whose house we’d have a bonfire at.
Me and my friends would just sit around and laugh.

“We get by just fine here on minimum wage.”

Ah working at the theme park.
My pay wasn’t great…actually it was minimum wage.
But that didn’t matter, I loved my job.
Every day was fun and had exciting surprises.
And now I’m going to spend the rest of my life working in a theme park.

“I've got some friends,
some that I hardly know.
We've had some times,
I wouldn't trade for the world.”

My friends are the best.
We had amazing times together and always found something to laugh at.
We’ve endured crazy teachers and laughed at them,
We’ve had crazy pool parties that always ended up getting busted,
And most of all we stuck together through everything to have fun.

“The winters so cold,
the summers over to soon.
So let's pack our bags
and settle down where palm trees grow.”

Ah, the prospect of going somewhere warm for college.
Away from the harsh Chicago winters and crazy snowstorms.
A place where I can wear shorts year round.
Such a blissful time, so happy that I’d be going somewhere warm.
I had my life set, and things were perfect.

Simple Days.

No comments: