Thursday, April 3, 2008

I don't remember

I don't remember being fat before I lost weight senior year.
Always comparing myself to skinnier people.
Always being thought of as the "fat kid."
Always wanting to be skinnier but not having enough motivation to actually do it.
Always being tired from doing the simplest activities.
But now things are different. Thankfully.

I don't remember my dad getting a heart attack and dying when I was in 2nd grade.
Hearing that phone call early that morning.
Hearing my moms voice tremble when she told us.
Hearing the sounds of a funeral procession.
Hearing the sounds of tears and sorrow.
But now things are better. Thankfully.

I don't remember getting a C in calculus first semester.
Spending time studying on things I didn't understand.
Spending time going to tutoring on things I didn't understand.
Spending time talking to my teacher on things I didn't understand.
Spending time practicing things I still don't understand.
But now things are different. Thankfully.

I don't remember leaving Chicago to come to school.
Wishing I didn't have to leave my friends.
Wishing I didn't have to leave the city I love.
Wishing I didn't have to be bored as hell while being stuck in Tucson.
Wishing I could have went to a school in downtown Chicago and never left.
But in the fall things will be different. Thankfully.

I don't remember getting stung by a bee while driving home stuck in traffic.
Hurting my eye.
Hurting my mood.
Hurting my happiness.
Hurting my eye! It seriously hurt like hell.
I hate bees.

3 comments:

PujaU said...

I hate bees too. I got stung while sleeping once and woke up to a throbbing pain in my left hand. I didn't even know what was wrong until I found the bee laying there on the ground, satisfied after doing its deed. Bees suck.

Anonymous said...

I am taking calculus now, and I don't understand most of what is going on. Last week I fell asleep doing calculus online and I had a dream about parametric equations. It was the first nightmare I had in years, and it was scarier than any monster I could think up.

Delicate Nothings said...

it's easy to remember the memorable times

whether they were significantly good

or significantly bad

it's the times in between
the times that get us from
happy picture
to crying moment

that are the ones we don't remember...

but when it all comes down to it,
bees suck.